Tirup Church

Address: Tirup, 268 90 Svalöv Show map

Address: Tirup, 268 90 Svalöv

Tirup Church was originally built in Romanesque style in the 12th century. Today, the remains of the mediaeval building are only visible in the nave. In the 1850s, the whole church was rebuilt, and the 15th century vaulting was replaced with wooden barrel vaulting. The west tower was added in 1863. The church’s mediaeval north and south doorways have now been uncovered. The font is of oak and dates from 1949. The altarpiece is an oil painting on canvas by Carl Bloch from the 1870s.

Show more

About this activity

  • Phone number
    +46 0418-66 77 00